Pension income guidance - putting you in the driving seat
When it comes to taking an income from your pension savings, there are now so many options that it can be difficult to know where to turn. That's where we come in.
Our pension-income specialists aim to provide you with all the information you need about your pension-income options to allow you to make your own decision, fully-informed and confident in what you're doing.
Rather than offering financial advice, our specialists can provide you with information about the solutions available to you to help you decide on the best way forwards. They will answer any questions you have and provide you with a pension-income report, complete with all of the facts and figures relating to the pension-income options you are interested in.
As our guidance service lets you decide on how best to take your pension income, without receiving a recommendation from a Financial Advisor, you may hear this referred to as a “non-advised” service.
- We’re here to help you to understand the options available to you.
- You’ll have access to a range of pension-income options from across the market.
- We talk to you in plain English to make sure you understand all of your options.
- You will be assigned a dedicated specialist who is experienced in the pension income market.
- We will provide personalised illustrations without obligation, giving you all of the facts and figures so you can consider your pension-income options in your own time.
- Because you are making your own decisions, the cost of setting up your income could be lower than if you were to take financial advice.
As our pension income guidance service does not involve giving you financial advice, you are responsible for the decisions you make. As such, you should only proceed on this basis of you are confident that you understand your options and feel comfortable with the choices you have made.
If you’re interested in accessing the full range of pension-income options through Age Partnership, you will need to speak to a Financial Advisor as there are fewer options available after receiving guidance only.
Should I go ahead with financial guidance or should I take advice?
It really is up to you. Many people feel happy to make their own decision once they have access to the information they need. Others would prefer someone to make a recommendation to them – perhaps if they have complicated finances, they are unsure about what to do or they do not feel that their needs can be met by one of the solutions available through our guidance service.
As our service offers both guidance and financial advice, you don't need to make up your mind straight away. At any stage of the guidance process you can choose to speak to a Financial Advisor and receive a recommendation.
Our aim is to make arranging your pension income as hassle-free as possible.
If you decide to proceed, we'll talk you through completing the paperwork, although we'll do as much of this for you as we can, to make the process as hassle-free as possible.
This generally takes 3-8 weeks depending upon the pension-income option you've chosen.