Equity release is available to homeowners aged 55 or over. It involves unlocking the money that may be tied up in your home, minus any mortgage.
Use our free equity release calculator to find out in seconds how much equity you could release here.
Different types of equity release
There are two main types of equity release, the most popular is a lifetime mortgage as with this type of equity release plan you continue to own 100% of your own home. The alternative is a home reversion plan which involves selling some or all of your home in return for a lump sum of cash. This is much less common, but is still offered by Age Partnership equity release services.
Equity release overview
- Things to consider
- ✔ No monthly payments on your lifetime mortgage
- ✔ Receiving a lump sum of tax-free cash
- ✔ Depending on the plan you choose, you could still have the option of moving home in the future, should you wish
- ✔ Continue to own 100% of the home you love, only with a lifetime mortgage
- ✔ Clear your standard mortgage
- ✔ The option of protecting a percentage of your property value for your loved ones
- ✔ You continue to live in your own home
- ✔ Once you’ve paid off your mortgage you can spend the lump sum of cash as you wish.
- ✗ The interest is rolled-up against the loan and will be repaid when you die or move into long term care
- ✗ Equity release may reduce the size of your estate
- ✗ Initial advice is free and there is no obligation, if you choose to proceed a typical fee of 2.2% of the amount released will be payable
- ✗ In some cases the lump sum of money that you release could affect your entitlement to any means-tested benefits that you may receive now or in the future.
Watch our video to learn more about equity release
Other alternatives to equity release
An equity release plan is not the only option if you wish to free up some cash in retirement. Downsizing the property, or borrowing money from a close friend or family member, could be a preferable alternative to releasing equity from the home.
Please call us today for a no-obligation chat on Freephone 08080 555 222. Our friendly advisors are ready to answer any questions you may have.
Request your free guide
Find out all you need to know about equity release by requesting your free, useful guide now click here.
Equity release may not be suitable for everyone which is why it is also important to seek advice from a qualified advisor who will take you through everything you need to know about releasing money from your home.
If you would like to speak to one of our advisors over-the-phone please do not hesitate to contact us on Freephone 08080 555 222. Our team are dedicated to providing a pressure-free and no obligation service, helping you understand the advantages and disadvantages of releasing equity from the home.
Equity release may involve a home reversion plan or lifetime mortgage which is secured against your property. To understand the features and risks, ask for a personalised illustration.
Popular Next Steps
Things to consider
As multi-award-winning equity release specialists we provide impartial advice covering your options as well as explaining what impact a plan could have on the size of your estate and if your entitlement to current and future means-tested benefits could be affected now or in the future.
We provide initial advice for free and without obligation. Only if you choose to proceed and your case completes would a typical fee of 2.2% of the amount released be payable.
Equity release requires paying off any existing mortgage. Any money released, plus accrued interest would be repaid upon death, or moving into long-term care.